Monday, April 16, 2007

Knowledge is power!

Got up at 7.15am this morn, and immediately (er... not that immediate on hindsight) zipped into the bathroom to begin my first day at City Harvest Bible Training Center!
Vincent was sweet to wake up earlier than his usual and loan me the car for the morning so that I can reach school comfortably.
I fetched him to work and then made my journey to Jurong West. The expressway seemed to go on forever, but I was glad I did not get lost or need to do any detours midway. In fact, it was quite liberating starting something on my own. I always love school!
Parked my car and went to the registration on Level 1, and saw my beautiful SOT lanyard with my name and card sitting at the recep table. It felt like a miracle cos' I had submitted my application just last week and wasn't sure if my postage got through, but Praise God! He is always faithful. :)
I collected my file and then went to the main auditorium at Basement 4. It was a nice feeling cos' it has been quite a while since I last worshipped at Jurong West.
We started our morning with Praise & Worship and the presence of God was energising. I was so motivated and inspired by the other 468 students who signed up.
We are the largest intake ever in history, with students from Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, HK, UK, Brunei, Bangladesh signing up.
We went through the Student Handbook and before long, were broken into our various teams to take part in the 'Amazing Race'- part of the orientation activity.
I was allocated to Team 4- together with the BBG ppl. However, as I had just recently gone for surgery, I had to opt out of the games as it can be physically strenuous.
Supposed to join them for dinner at Marina Bay but I've decided to see Doctor Chen again cos' my fever is still on and off and I need some antibiotics in case there's any infection.
Alrighto, more updates tomorrow!

No comments: