Friday, April 27, 2007

Desired BAGS... not.

I adore bags- you name it, every size, material, brand, usage for each and every occasion, but I can't say the same for the ones that I recently acquired- big spongey eye bags! A result of shorter sleeping hours and water retention from all the early mornings and late nights rushing to and fro bible school and all the other school and work commitments.
Anyways, I've got shu uemura's moisture eye zone mask on now as I type, so hopefully that removes some of the guilt. I even cancelled out on my pampering facial treatment earlier today cos' I simply had no time!
Apart from that, the past week has just been great! I'm enjoying school despite the avalanche of assignments - which includes a 60 page book review to be submitted in 2 weeks to say the least. yikes!
Anyways, Rev Robb Thompson is in town and I attended two of his business meetings (yesterday and today). One thing I picked up is thar finishing is the key to success. Take for example, in a marathon race, everyone looks good when they start the race. However, very few make it to the finishing mark.
I feel it's especially relevant for me now that I'm taking up freelance projects, cos while it sounds exciting to just take up everything, I've learnt that I need to be a good finisher. Some projects seem easy when you start them, but becomes a painful process to complete. Ha!
Anyways, I finish off today's blog with my personal revelation:
"Gifts are like seeds, planted by God in us. We need to put them in good soil, fertilize and water daily with God's anointing for them to grow, take root and flourish with good fruits, so that it comes a testimoniy and enjoyment for God."
What are the seeds that God has planted in your heart?

No comments: