Sunday, March 18, 2007

Deep sleep

Had insomnia last night. Worried abt my surgery and about fetching fren's son, Lucas to school. She is currently recovering from a jaw-hip surgery at the hospital and I've volunteered to fetch her son to and fro school for the rest of the week. My routine for the week: wake up at 7.00am, reach her place at 7.45am, reach school, 8.30am, hang ard at leisure till 11.30am when it's time to pick him up. Second half of the day will be free to run errands and catch up with frens.
Hmm... not easy to be a full time mom, but seeing the happy smiles on the children's faces makes it well worth while- especially when you see them bopping around, singing, playing and learning with kids their age.
Chin Ling, my cell group member came along with me as she will be taking over to help send and fetch Lucas from school next week, when I go for my surgery. Nice girl and good opportunity to get to know her better. We had morning coffee and talked abt beauty stuff (she owns a beauty salon) and I may just go visit her for eyebrow weaving sometime in May.
Anyway, I got home around noon-ish, (completely exhausted and hungry) and realised that my home electricity tripped. Toaster, aircon, computer not working. By the time, I rectified it, it was 1pm... bummer.
Quickly had my bread, showered and slept for an hour and a half. Deep sleep- which explains my title. The type that you wake up with deep breathing but completely rested.
Gonna have to head back to ex-office for a project briefing 6pm by the HRD. Hope it brings in good money and flexi-hours!
In the meantime, I leave you with a verse that is something that God has impressed upon my heart- Be a light set on a hill that cannot be hidden.

No comments: