Sunday, September 9, 2007

Week-END

Just got back from some shopping at Marina Square. Vincent got moi two pairs of maternity pants (hooray!) and loads of baby nick-nacks (bibs, tops, hats, rompers) and I finally qualified for Motherhood membership card! Feels like a card for grown-ups!
Was supposed to go to Sim Lim to get my modem router but I was just so tired after that, we ended up coming home. I'm starting to feel tired when I walk long distances. I guess baby and tum tum are really growing.
Well, this weekend has been fruitful generally and I had a longer one with Vincent cos' he took Friday off to spend time with me, which was sweet. We went to catch a movie and basically just took things in a chill pace.
Saturday afternoon, Vincent and I went to Su Fen's place where all the SOT alumni gathered. It was a nice catch up. Almost feels like an advanced Chinese New Year, with lots of food and laughter.
We went for church service right after which was really good. We had a guest speaker Nick Vujicic who was born without limbs minister to us. His life story is truly amazing and I have so much respect for him and his family and what they have achieved thus far and will do more so in the future. For more info, you can log on to http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/
Anyways, what really struck my heart was that the bible verses that he quoted were the ones that God has impressed upon my heart in the past 2 weeks. Jeremiah 29:11, James 1:2-4, plus Ecclesiastes Chap 3.
He made some profound yet very meaningful statements such as ' there is no joy in my circumstance, but there is joy in the PURPOSE of my circumstance.' It is true. His life is filled with so much purpose, it makes life worth living for.
Well, anyway, after service, all of us went for dinner at the new IKEA at Tampines. I really really like the place. The space, the bright lights and so much to see. The carparks remind me of those in the States and Australia. And best of all, they were free!
I had spaghetti, chicken wings, stole fries from friends and had great conversations. All in all, it has been a nice end to the week!

No comments: