Monday, August 6, 2012

Dedicated to Jayden

As I laid in that hospital bed, watching strong able athletes compete in the Olympics 2012 and listened to Praise & Worship music every night in my sleep, I imagined you as a young adult, a sportsman, a musician, brimming with energy, life and song. It was a vision I clung on.
From the very beginning, I knew you were different, you were God's answered prayer, a divine gift, and meant to fulfill a specific purpose for a time like this. Our family felt even more complete, even though for many years, Vincent and I delayed planning for a second child.
God's timing was perfect, were were more than ready and we were so glad to have a family of four, where Kayla could play the role of a bigger sibling and love you. She even started on a Bigger Sibling journal and had lots of stickers to give you.
We prayed hard and I stayed strong, did everything we could, followed doctor's orders. Many of our friends and Pastor laid hands, gave scriptures which I found assurance and meditated on.
I proclaimed healing in every opportunity and we were in tight agreement on your healthy development.
Alas, the good Lord, (whom I've learned to trust and lean on, in good times and bad), sent angels to take you to heaven.
In the natural, it felt so final, but I knew that, one day, we'll meet again. I hope you'll recognise me then, and know that I love you very much and was willing to dedicate my life to loving and watching you grow, and that I would do anything for you.
Six weeks may be brief, but nothing can take away the fact you were in my womb. We were on body.
Please forgive me if I have caused any pain or not be any more careful than I should.
I believe the angles will raise you well, Jayden.
You are my precious and a seed that I'll carry in my heart always. 
And dear God, please take care of him. I think you'll enjoy him very much.
With all my love.

No comments: